CLI213 - Project Manager
Salary: £34,061 - £37,846 per annum
Deadline: 25/05/2017 23:59
Benefits: for more information about our benefits please view the job description
Full Time, 9 months fixed term contract
The Health Informatics Unit is seeking a project manager, to work on clinical record standards projects.
The HIU works on a range of projects which aim to ensure that the NHS has the best possible information systems, which are used in the best possible way to sustain health and support safe, effective and efficient healthcare for everyone.
Working with the HIU team, clinical leads and external stakeholders, the project manager will be responsible for a key project area: the development of standards for the structure and content of clinical records. This will involve project management, communications and engagement and working with clinical leads and advisors on the development of the standards. The project manager will also build engagement with the Professional Record Standards Body, NHS Digital, Chief Clinical Information Officers, specialist societies, the RCP patient and carer network and other patient/carer organisations and other external stakeholders.
The project manager will be an active member of the HIU team and support other areas of activity where required.
We are looking for a self-starter who is able to work on his/her own initiative, without supervision on a day-to-day basis. Excellent communication skills are essential for the role as the project manager will be building relationships across the RCP and with external stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level or relevant experience
- Project Management skills – ability to prepare project briefs in response to tenders and complex and detailed project plans. Able to operate efficient control processes.
- Experience of one or more major projects of relevance to the health service and practising clinicians
- Demonstrated ability to drive forward to completion, complex and substantial projects that involve a range of stakeholders
- Outstanding communication, influencing and interpersonal skills – ability to deal effectively with a broad range of people from differing backgrounds.
For more information about the role and our benefits please view the job description and person specification.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and supporting statement
Closing date: Thursday 25 May 2017
Interview date: Wednesday 7 June 2017