Planning & Development Manager
My client is a successful residential and commercial developer who build stunning homes with an environmental conscience that are wonderful places to live and grow. They are also building a portfolio of longer term strategic land opportunities.
The business holds a large and growing portfolio of residential development land. Their team focusses on winning valuable planning consents in prime locations, both town and country.
About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for identifying, securing and delivering consented residential development sites, divided between strategic land for disposal and smaller more immediate local sites.
You will be responsible for further developing the overall site identification and search strategy as well as identifying new sites and handling negotiations with land or property owners, and their agents and solicitors.
Key Areas of responsibility include:
- Line management responsibility, starting with a single member of staff with the potential for more as the team grows.
- Developing and Managing both strategic and immediate site identification and search strategy
- Identify and Appraise potential sites, and liaise with local planning authorities during the initial site appraisal and any other local stakeholders as necessary
- Identify and Approach potential land owners and assist in negotiating purchase or option agreement terms
- Once secured, Project Manage sites through the entire development process, including assembling and managing the appropriate consultant team
- Identify buyers and negotiate disposal of sites
- Provide guidance on planning related matters to both the Construction and Sales teams
This role will require you to consult with Land Owners, Planning Authorities, External Consultants and the Internal Consultant Team. An RTPI qualification is advantageous and a background in strategic land and residential property site identification & development is highly desirable. With a proven ability to work under your own initiative you will be a confident decision maker who has the ability to manage and motivate your own team. You will have experience of working within the Residential Development environment, site identification and assembly activities and experience in successfully setting, implementing and managing site search strategies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking and progressive company who can offer real career progression.
To apply to for this role please click apply to sumbit your CV and covering application quoting reference SHU/967870